Bridge Refurbishment & Rivet removal - OLD
Bridge strengthening and steelwork repair is an essential part of keeping transport flowing and keeping passengers safe. We recognise that these works often come with a range of unique challenges including tight access, corroded materials and time pressure from possessions.
HMT Bridgework product has been developed to overcome these obstacles and help fabricators and site workers get the best results in the time available.
Over time, steel bridges become corroded and need strengthening and repairs. This is complicated by the original fabrication methods of hot rivets and multiple layers of plated steelworks.
Our innovative tooling has been developed to speed up rivet removal, rework/replace connection holes for new bolts and reduce the need to use dangerous Rivet Busters and Pneumatic Hammers, thus offering significant safety improvements as well. (See below)
Products such as Impact Reamers can also be used in Impact Wrenches which removes the hazard of torque kick-back that occurs with some power tools and air tools.
Safety benefits of using HMT Bridgework Products
- Increasing health and safety concerns are centred around high Hand-Arm Vibrations (HAVS) caused by pneumatic hammers.
- HMT drilling options offer a 12x lower risk (see opposite)
- HMT options also produce less noise, require no high pressure air lines and produce no flying metal debris
- Pneumatic Hammers / Rivet busters: (HSE supplied data)
Action level: 5 mins
Exposure limit: 15 mins
- HMT drilling options: (HSE supplied data)
Action level: 60 mins
Exposure limit: 180 mins