Drill & Tap in one easy operation
VersaDrive® Heavy Duty Drill Taps are an industrial metalwork or fabrication tool for drilling and tapping heavy steel in one easy operation.
Primarily they are designed to be used with a reversible Magnet Drill, although they can also be adapted for use with an impact wrench to enlarge and tap existing holes.
With a drill point optimised for use in fixed drilling machines like Magnetic Drills or Pillar drills, these are not recommended for use in a pistol drill. Where they are to be used with an impact wrench to enlarge and tap holes pilot drilling is recommended with a separate drill bit.
- Fast Tapping with Minimal Kickback
- Specially hardened for Impact Wrench use
- Automatic chip clearance when Impact Tapping
- High-Grade Tool Steel for high accuracy & long life
- GoldMax low-friction titanium coating to stop burn-out
- High strength, non-slip shank design
- Unique Dual-Point Starting Angle for easy alignment & fast cut
- Ground Flute Twist Drill Creates the perfect Tapping Hole
- High Strength, Non-slip shank design
- Correct RPM is critical for good performance on larger drill taps
- Ideal for use in Pillar Drills and Magnet Drills
- For impact wrench use, pilot drilling the hole with a separate drill bit is necessary
- Use appropriate lubrication and correct RPM to achieve long tool life